- Do I need a doctor's referral?
- A doctor’s referral is required. We specialize in interventional pain techniques which are not appropriate for all types of patients. We want to make sure we can provide you with the treatment best suited for your condition.
- Do you need other doctor’s notes?
- In order to better evaluate your condition and understand how to best care for you, we like to have advanced knowledge of your medical history, some of which can only be obtained through medical documentation from a prior treating doctor/facility. This way, your initial pain management consultation will be more productive and focused on you and your pain problem.
- How long does it take to get an appointment?
- Once we receive your physician’s referral we can schedule your initial consultation usually within 4-8 weeks. If you and the doctor then decide that a procedure is appropriate for your condition, you can typically be scheduled within a couple of weeks, depending upon the schedule and on your individual requirements such as stopping anti-coagulants. Please note that PTA is a specialty practice and is not an urgent care facility. We do not accept walk-in visits.
- Can the doctor fill out my disability paperwork?
- The providers at PTA do not fill out disability paperwork/questionnaires nor complete disability determinations for you or your attorney. PTA is not set up to properly test or assess physical abilities associated with endurance or stamina. This type of testing can be completed by specially trained physical therapy clinics.